2013 MASTERS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF TWENTE, THE NETHERLANDS
University of Twente in The Netherlands offers (Graduate) Masters degree scholarships for students of EU/EEA countries and Non-EU/EEA countries in various fields. UTS awards are limited in number. Students must have undergraduate degree with excellent results and good proficiency skills in English language with requirement of IELTS and TOEFL score. The value of scholarship for non-EU/EEA countries is € 10,000, € 12,500, €20,000, or € 22,500 and for EU/EEA countries is maximum € 10,000.
Deadline for Application: 30th March 2013.
LANCASTER UNIVERSITY MANAGEMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Lancaster University Management School offers a variety of scholarships in Business Administration, at master’s level, MBA. The scholarships include the:
- The Lancaster High Potential Scholarship
- The Lancaster MBA Director’s Scholarship
- The Lancaster MBA Scholarship for Women
- The Lancaster MBA Regional Scholarship
The MBA Regional awards are offered to students from The Americas, Asia/Pacific, Africa, UK/EU and the Middle East to pursue their studies at Lancaster University. The minimum grant is £3,000
WORLD BANK (PAID) SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
You have to give it to the World Bank, they sure know how to do things BIG! The video below speaks for itself.
If your connection happens to be slow or you are unable to watch the video for any reason, find some information below, extracts from the World Bank website:
The World Bank’s Africa team is looking for two social media interns who are creative, smart, and committed to excellence.These paid interns will join the World Bank’s Africa Communications unit, a team of hardworking professionals, who love Africa and want to see it thrive and grow. If you love Africa and are willing to work hard, come join our team!
- Follow @WorldBankAfrica or @BM_Afrique and tweet your response to this phrase: #iwant2work4africa because…
- Based on your response and if you make it to round 2, you will be sent a Direct Message with additional instructions
What You’ll Receive:
- An internship at World Bank headquarters in Washington DC
- A monthly stipend
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Conceptualizing new ways for the World Bank Africa to engage in social networks
- Adding a more “social layer” to the World Bank Africa’s corporate websites
- Helping manage blogs
- Writing social media press releases
- Tweeting from @WorldBankAfrica and @BM_Afrique
- Engaging with fans on the World Bank Africa Facebook pages and Livestream channel
- Sharing World Bank-produced multimedia, blogs, and other material on social networks
You Should Apply If:
- You’re a student currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree university program, or the equivalent
- You have a deep knowledge and understanding of social media tools – including bookmarking, tagging, tweeting, blogging, etc. – and you use them regularly
- You’re an excellent writer
- You speak English or French fluently
For more information, contact email@example.com
GLOBAL NEWS INTERNSHIP WITH ASSOCIATED PRESS – AP
For aspiring journalists…. You have to hurry, this is closing very soon!!
The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. The Associated Press is offering paid journalism internships for the summer 2013 in eight U.S. cities (including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington, D.C.) and 10 international locations (including Jerusalem, Johannesburg, London, Mexico City, Moscow, New Delhi, Rome, Sao Paulo, Seoul and Tokyo).
The interns will contribute to AP’s text, video, photos and interactive report for 12 weeks this summer. Interns will attend and contribute to all-format editorial meetings. Assignments will be made by a trainer who will also provide performance appraisals during the course of the internship.
- Applicants must be:
- current full-time students within two years of earning an undergraduate degree (juniors and seniors) or
- current full-time graduate students or
- students who graduated December 2012 or later.
- Must be able to show proof of legal authorization to participate in a 12-week internship in the assigned country prior to the start of the internship.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency speaking and writing in the English language and command of the local language of the assigned country.
- Good general knowledge of U.S. and international affairs.
- Good writing skills and the ability to recognize grammatical and factual errors.
- Relevant coursework or experience in a cross-format environment (text, video, photos, interactive/graphics, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of online and social media news venues.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail; able to multi-task and manage projects as assigned.
- Self-starter with the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- A 300-word autobiographical essay on this topic: “The Associated Press seeks to recruit and retain a workforce that embodies a wide range of talents, experiences, achievements and journalistic skills. Please describe the qualities and accomplishments you would bring to the company as an intern.”
- A resume and cover letter (please include your projected graduation date).
- Three to five examples of your work (links to a website of your clips, photos, multimedia work and video are preferred).
- Two letters of reference, one from a professor or faculty adviser on college/university letterhead and the second from a prior internship or employer.
Deadline for Application: 23rd January 2013